Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Enjoying parenthood!




So now that I feel more fully recovered from everything and have started getting the hang of this mom thing, I am loving being a mom. Brook has only been getting up once at night. She has to sleep with me most of the time, but it's better than not sleeping at all!! She is so cute when she is in a good mood lol. I love watching her look around and make cute baby noises. My favorite is when she clicks her tongue. Jeff and I are having so much fun playing with her. And yesterday she actually slept for 3 hours so I was finally able to clean the house!! Jeff was happy about that too haha. I gave her a bath this morning ans she loved it. She was adorable. I really want to make a video of her in the bath. Gotta love babies!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Brookie is soo cute! I love the pic of you both sleeping. Precious! I'm so glad that you are loving being a mom. We need to come see you soon. Hopefully after the 4th!

Tori said...

Oh, so cute! Chels, I totally relate to sleeping with the baby to get some sleep. I nursed Katrina in bed for several nights because I could fall back asleep while she was still nursing and then when she woke up we would just roll over for the other side. Then I started to get paranoid about squishing her and stopped, but it was a lifesaver. I still sometimes do it if she wakes up really early in the morning.
I love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

She is just a doll! So beautiful, she looks so different already. Don't worry about her sleeping with you most of the time, I had to do that with my daughter Brighton just so I could sleep. It's good hear your loving being a mom! I love your new blog background, it's so cute! Hope you guys have great 4th of July.

AshleyJ said...

Man she is changing everyday! I love seeing what you are up to! Becoming a parent is so overwhelming but yet so rewarding. I didn't know you had a c-section also. I had a emergency one with my first also, and then they made me have a 2nd one here in the state of nevada....it sucked, but then again I wasn't waiting around, I know asactly the day and time I was going to have her!! Hope all is well! Miss u!

pagefamily said...

Hi Chelsea! How are you all? Brooklyn is precious! And I LOVE that you named her Rachel! How sweet is that! I am going to add you to my links if you don't mind? Hope to see you soon.
Love
Anne P

Marcus, Randi, and Isaac said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl. This is Randi Klug(Rasmussen) by the way. Chels, you probably don't know me but I was good friends with your hubby in highschool. Your baby girl is adorable. My little boy actually just turned 1. Hope your baby's first year doesn't go by as fast as mine did. Good Luck!