Monday, June 23, 2008

Coming out...






Wow has it been an experience adjusting to life with Brooklynn! The first week home I felt so overwhelmed because I was still so tired, but I was never able to sleep between feeding her and trying to spend time with my family. My mom helped out tons...too bad she couldn't breastfeed for me too! hehe. And just when I thought we had an awesome schedule down, she seems to have hit a growth spurt. I can't seem to feed her enough, but I have learned this is normal. I was worried I wasn't producing enough milk or something, but other friends are going thru the same thing, which makes me feel much better! And now I finally have a few minutes to myself to update the blog. I really do love Brookie. She is so cute and fun. But this is also the hardest thing I have ever done! I am so grateful I am able to stay home and take care of her. I really don't think I could manage a job and her. And I think she is starting to favor me since I am always with her hehe. Don't tell Jeff...he might get jealous:) Here are some new pics. We can't seem to take enough :)

3 comments:

Tori said...

I'm so glad to hear from you! Yeah, the feeding all the time stinks. Especially if you're really sore. I always had to feed tons in the evening especially in order to get her to sleep. That was hard because they tell you to feed the baby every 2-3 hours, so when they're hungry earlier than that, you wonder what's up. A few times Adam made up a bottle from the sample formula we had and that helped her go to sleep. Oh, I also bought a hand pump and sometimes pumped during her longer stretched of sleeping and then fed that to her at night when she was particularly voracious.
The best advice I got was to sleep when the baby sleeps. Unfortunately that doesn't always work out, but when I actually could do it, it helped. I should still follow that advice actually! I used to only be able to get some sleep if I fell asleep with her in my arms after breastfeeding. Of course, I bet your scar still is really sore. :[
I hope you continue to get adjusted well! I wish I could be there to see you and the baby and to help you out!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you and Jeff know that you have a beautiful little girl! For some reason I'm also Unofficially promoting this website where I love to get my free blog layouts (they have tons of categories to choose from). It's called: thecutestblogontheblock.com, click on free backgrounds and tada...tons of cute layouts! Just click on the background you want the code will show up that you can copy and paste! Plus it will give you directions on how to apply it....so simple! You can also add accessories to the blog which is free as well! Anyways, hope your both doing well. My blog is set to private, but I would love to invite you guys...if you would like. Just send me your email...I know scary at bngines@gmail.com

Natasha Pulou Gines

sasha and Jamin said...

Chelsea-
It's Sasha, Jeff's forever friend. I wanted to tell you and Jeff how beautiful your daughter is and congrats! Looks like you two are doing fabulous. I'm so happy for you guys. Tell Jeff ola for me and to keep in touch.
: ) Sasha