Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Brooklynn is here!!
Well, here is the story of how Brookie came into the world. I started having regular contractions at about 4:00 on friday. So we finally went to the hospital at 6. By then they were 3 minutes apart, but I was only dilated at to a 2. So pretty much I didn't dilate to a 10 until 7:30 the next morning!! Long night!! I pushed for an hour and a half, only to find out I had to have a c-section because her head was turned to the side. The doctor said it would be too dangerous to use foreceps. So she was finally born at 10:02. So while I was sitting on the other side of the curtain, and I heard her cry, I started bawling. It was amazing. She was 7 pounds 1 ounce and 20 1/2 inches long. Her full name is Brooklynn Rachel McCleve. She got jaundice, but luckily she was better after being in lights for one day. I am getting better everyday, but I can't lift anything or do any heavy work for 6 weeks. Oh boy! Our first night at home with her was a challenge cause we were both so tired, and she had slept all day. But we survived. It really is amazing having her here. It is awesome how much we love her. Jeff has been so supportive and helpful thru this whole thing. I could not ask for a better husband. And my family has been so helpful as well. My mom is here taking care of us now! We are just so happy to have her here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
YAY! I have been checking your blog all the time to see if you put pictures up. She is a doll, and that hair! It is amazing! She really resembles you, Chels, especially in the picture where you're both asleep. Precious.
Sometime when you're feeling better you'll have to let me know the gritty details...hahaha. Nothing like labor stories.
I am so glad your mom is there. She must be a big help. Give her my best.
Oh, and what happened to the name Rylee? Did I miss something? Well...you should post about it when you get around to it. No pressure. I think you've done enough over the past few days :).
SHE IS SO ADORABLE!!!! I also have been checking all the time to see pictures!!! She is so beautiful and has a perfectly round face! I can't believe how much hair she has! So I was thinking...and I think it's pretty awesome that she was born on 6-7-08! Haha Anyway...moms are wonderful and I'm so glad that yours is there to help out! We're so happy for you two and can't wait to see you again!!! Congratulations! We're excited to have our daughters meet so they can continue the bonding I'm sure they've already started! :)
Cleever! Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. Let me know if I can do anything fof your sweet little family. crofts
Post a Comment