Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding!

My best friend, Anita, got married on Friday. It was a wonderful day! The ceremony was inspiring. Their love and happiness was even more inspiring! They were just glowing with joy! I was so grateful to be a part of that special day. It was wonderful to be reminded of that exciting "newlywed love." I just love her so much, and I was so happy that the day turned out perfectly for her. It was raining that morning and evening, but stopped long enough for their pictures at the temple. The reception was gorgeous and fun. They had dancing...I got one dance out of Jeff, and he complained the whole time about how much he hates dancing! That was a little depressing. I was hoping he could not hate dancing while he was dancing with me, but what can you do. As a humorous twist, Dean (Anita's husband) lost his suitcase, so they couldn't make as quick a getaway as they hoped. It was really funny.
In other news...Brooklynn is officially mobile! She started crawling and pulling herself up on anything she can get her hands on in the same week! She sure keeps us busy now! And she is so loud!! Church is embarrassing cause she makes so much noise. (Usu. happy noise) And as a pleasant surprise, she has started sleeping through the night! She sleeps from about 10 to 8 or 9! It is wonderful! The downside is, she doesn't nap so much and puts up a big fuss when we try to lay her down for naps. But I think it is worth sleeping through the night! Maybe my body can get back on a normal schedule!
Jeff and I realized that we are a really boring couple. We sold our TV saturday and bought a new one yesterday. So in the two days we did not have a TV, we did not know what to do! We tried playing cards, but that lasted 10 minutes. We just sat there wallowing in our lameness! haha. And to make matters worse...I asked Jeff what our plans for Valentine's day are since it will probably be our Anniversary celebration as well, and he said he didn't know I wanted to do anything! And he kept asking why he had to plan it! Men...I swear...they need help!
Well, I must go change a stinky diaper now...yay!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Hah! This is hilarious! We need to start a husband school, and I will have Joel join, too! He sounds exactly the same. In fact, I told him all I wanted for Christmas was a nice letter, and he spent the first HALF of it talking about how he didn't know what to write because he sees me all the time and can talk to me whenever. MEN!

Brooke sounds like she is doing so well. I wish so badly I could be out there to see her. She is such a cutie, and so pleasant!

annieandjustin said...

Haha thats hilarious dean couldn't find his luggage! Justin and I are way boring too! i think once you get kids theres just not much you can do because of their sleep schedules. its ok thought because ruthie is too much fun!

Sar 'n' Car said...

I love it. This makes me happy. Aren't we all a little lame sometimes? hehe, but that is funny!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! Jeff is hilarious, the grumbling on the dance floor and the whining of having to plan a valentines/anniversary date...so funny!

I can't believe Brooke is crawling already that is so crazy. You need to post a video of her crawling and talking, it would be so adorable!